Kappa /Tapiocca/cassava- 500gm
Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
Grated Coconut -1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 flakes
Curry Leaves - 10 leaves
Salt as required
Green Chillies(Medium Hot)- 4-5 or according to your taste
Turmeric a pinch
1. Remove the outer brown cover of kappa wash it and boil till it 90% cooked.
2. Put enough salt and give 2 mts boil.Drain it (keep 1/4 cup water in that)and keep it aside.
3. Coarsely ground grated coconut,cumin seeds, turmeric and garlic.
4. Then make some space in the centre of cooked kappa and put the coconut mixture and half of curry leaves (just cut the leaves) and cover it with cooked kappa.
5. Let the coconut mixture cook for some time,say for 5 mts,in low flame..
6. Then mix everything together.The coconut mixture should spread everywhere.
7. Switch off the flame.
8. Hear oil in a a small tava/pan.Put mustard in that.Let it splutter.
9. Add thinly sliced shallots and curry leaves.
10. When it is light brown switch off the flame and pour over the Kappa-coconut mix.
11. Again using a strong spoon mix everything together and it is ready to serve with fish curry.